Date:      Thu, 7 Apr 2011 14:58:02 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>
To:        Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] adding -Wmissing-include-dirs to CWARNFLAGS

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Thu Apr =A07 11, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com> wrot=
e:

>> > =A0 =A0make -f /etc/src.conf -VMODULES_OVERRIDE and make -f /etc/src.c=
onf
>> > -VMODULES_OVERRIDE say... (tinderbox should also really ignore these
>> > files, but it doesn't currently)?
>
> otaku% make -f /etc/src.conf -VMODULES_OVERRIDE
> netgraph/netgraph netgraph/socket netgraph/bluetooth/bluetooth =A0netgrap=
h/bluetooth/hci netgraph/bluetooth/l2cap netgraph/bluetooth/socket =A0netgr=
aph/bluetooth/ubt tmpfs sound/sound sound/driver/hda usb/uhid =A0procfs pse=
udofs linux linprocfs linsysfs lindev usb/quirk geom =A0opensolaris dtrace =
cyclic nfsclient krpc nfs_common nfslock
> otaku% make -f /etc/make.conf -VMODULES_OVERRIDE
> netgraph/netgraph netgraph/socket netgraph/bluetooth/bluetooth =A0netgrap=
h/bluetooth/hci netgraph/bluetooth/l2cap netgraph/bluetooth/socket =A0netgr=
aph/bluetooth/ubt tmpfs sound/sound sound/driver/hda usb/uhid =A0procfs pse=
udofs linux linprocfs linsysfs lindev usb/quirk geom =A0opensolaris dtrace =
cyclic nfsclient krpc nfs_common nfslock

> ...however i checked and tinderbox *does* ignore src.conf and make.conf. =
the
> _.* log files show that modules were being build which are not returned b=
> the commands above.
>
> i think having this flag would be very useful, because it would force peo=
ple to
> make sure their include dirs are correct.
>

>> Sorry. Second invocation should have been make.conf, not src.conf.

Ok then. I stand corrected for not having tested out my claim beforehand.

Yes, I agree that adding this flag in the default set is a good idea.

Thanks,
-Garrett