Date:      Tue, 4 May 2010 13:34:54 +0000
From:      Terry Poulin <bigboss1964@gmail.com>
To:        John Hein <jhein@symmetricom.com>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libXt configure script failure while building xorg-server

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:12, John Hein <jhein@symmetricom.com> wrote:

> You have an old libSM installed, but more importantly somehow you
> managed to get libSM installed without libICE or removed libICE later.
> As far as I can see, libSM (new or old) requires libICE at build-time
> & run-time.  And libXt requires libSM, so libICE should be there.

I think I've found why, after untangling the line editing related junk in
the script file a bit. This was one of the pkg_delete commands used to clear
the way of old packages:

dixie# pkg_delete -f bitmap-1.0.3_1/ libICE-1.0.4_1,1 appres-1.0.1
bitmap-1.0.3_1/ encodings-1.0.2,1/ libFS libSM xproto-7.0.15/

Seems that I forgot to either glob * or tab-complete the file names and the
output from that pkg_delete run, seems to agree with my reading of the
^symbols:

pkg_delete: no such package 'libFS' installed
pkg_delete: no such package 'libSM' installed

Perfect problem located between the root users keyboard and chair ;)

--
        TerryP / Spidey01
Just Another Computer Geek.