Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:58:06 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Eugene Polovnikov <paranoid@brain-fag.org>, net@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nos-tun & multihomed machines

-On [20010316 12:45], Ruslan Ermilov (ru@FreeBSD.ORG) wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 10:50:26AM +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
>> -On [20010316 10:43], Eugene Polovnikov (paranoid@brain-fag.org) wrote:

[gif versus nos-tun]

>Yes, gif(4) works the same way, and multihomed enabled (see gifconfig(8)),
>with the exception that it always uses the IPPROTO_IPV4 (protocol 4) for
>encapsulating of IPv4 payload.

[gif preferred over nos-tun]

>I fully agree.

Noted.

>> Translated, does gif do what nos-tun can do and more?  Yes?  Let's rip
>> out nos-tun and support the other well maintained solution.
>>
>Except that it does not allow to use proto 94 (the default for nos-tun).

I'm sure we can work something out with the KAME guys over this, if it
is necessary to keep this in.  *chalks up another task*

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai .oUo. asmodai@[wxs.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best