Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:06:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ippei Yoshioka <peterjunk@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dhclient problem

Hi there.
I'm pretty new in FreeBSD world. And I have a question
about '/etc/dhclient.conf'. Could someone helped me
out? My Gnome with Sawfish could not get its host
name, so I could not use Netscape from my desktop.

The situation is this; I'm using my FreeBSD machine at
home as one of my local hosts. There are Mac and Win
machine on the LAN as dhcp client and there is a DHCP
server. The DHCP server is actually working also
default router to fook the internet via a cavle modem.

So, I write '/etc/dhclient.conf' like this:

retry 60;
reboot 10;
inital-interval 2;

ibterface "ed1" {
        send host-name "biblo";
        supersede domain-name-servers 192.168.0.1;
        request subnet-mask, broadcast-address,
time-offset, routers,
domain-name, domain-name-servers;
        require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
        script "/sbin/dhclient-script";
}

At console, every thing seems to be fine. Command
'hostname' reply to me right host name. I could ping
also by IP address (not host name). I can mail, I can
telnet remort host, I can FTP. BUT once I booted X,
Gnome could NOT get host name, so I could NOT use
Netscape or other browser from my desk top. How should
I do?

Could someone helped me out?

Thanx.