Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 08:05:29 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM src-cur.3278 fails to apply

At 7:49 AM -0600 3/9/98, Matthew Thyer wrote:
>Yes, I know.
>
>I cant believe I was so stupid.
>
>I was thinking that CTM might have failed in some way when
>I removed the obviously obsolete directory but now CTM has
>proved itself by complaining about my tampering.
>
>The other errors requiring:
>
>mkdir -p gnu/lib/libgmp/mpf/tests
>mkdir -p gnu/lib/libgmp/mpq/tests
>mkdir -p gnu/lib/libgmp/mpz/tests
>from /usr/src
>
>were not as a result of my tampering.
>
>So CTM is not infallible!

OBJECTION! You have admitted that you deleted one directory.
Are you sure that you did not do something that caused other
empty directories to disappear?

>Any explanation as to what went wrong ?

Chi: {3} zgrep "CTM" * | grep "gnu/lib/libgmp/mpf/tests"
src-cur.3200xEmpty.gz:CTMDM gnu/lib/libgmp/mpf/tests 900 900 775
src-cur.3278.gz:CTMDR gnu/lib/libgmp/mpf/tests
Chi: {4}

Well, I can only say that CTM did not delete these directories.

As others have noted, just applying the deltas in sequence works.

Richard Wackerbarth