Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:28:17 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Simon Barner <barner@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, peter@freebsd.org, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Valgrind GCC 4.2 patches

On Tuesday 10 July 2007, Simon Barner wrote:
> > Thank you, would it build in AMD64?
>
> I'm afraid, the port is i386 only. There were rumors that Peter Wemm
> is working on port of valgrind 3.x, but I am not sure of the status
> of this effort (which certainly involves a lot of work).

FWIW, valgrind 3.2.3 is about 97% complete on 4.x, about 90% complete on
6.x+/i386 (no threads support), and about 70-80% complete for
6.x+/amd64.  I still have unresolved problems regarding syscalls that
involved arguments on the userland stack.

It is well and truely up to the point where I need testers/helpers.
Most of the heavy lifting is done and there's a thousand sharp edges
that need smoothing.