Skip site navigation (1)Skip section navigation (2)
Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 23:29:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        gataje@usa.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: not sure if this is working, but...
Message-ID:  <Pine.BSF.3.96.970714232858.171F-100000@kevin.sunshine.net>
In-Reply-To: <3.0.1.32.19970715004318.0068b3a4@pop.netaddress.com>

Next in thread | Previous in thread | Raw E-Mail | Index | Archive | Help
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 n-real@usa.net wrote:

> I subscribed to this list via majordomo, but so far I haven't heared a
> single thing back, so if you could respond via e-mail as well, it would
> help.  My real address is gataje@usa.net .  This one is just for listservs,
> so that they don't clutter up my other account.

    subscribe <list> [<address>]
	Subscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) to the named <list>.

    which [<address>]
	Find out which lists you (or <address> if specified) are on.
    
    help
	Retrieve this message.( And more:) )

    end
	Stop processing commands (useful if your mailer adds a signature).

Commands should be sent in the body of an email message to
"Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG".


> NEway, my problem is large.  First of all, I had a conflict between my PS2
> mouse driver and my SysCons Console driver in kernel, and I very stupidly
> chose do disable the console driver.  Now it turns out that they probably
> could have both worked together, but oh well.  NEway, either the comp. is
> freezing or it is not outputing to the screen after it starts to load the
> kernel.  I haven't tried running it "blind" to see if the HD would click to
> indicate that it simply weren't outputing to the screen rather than it were
> freezing.  But NEway...

Try -->  Boot: /kernel.GENERIC 

> I figured if I could load the fixit floppy and mount the HD, I could copy
> the kernel from the boot floppy to the HD, and not have to re-install, but
> for some reason I can't mount the HD.  If I understand this correctly,
> however, the HD controller is //dev/wdc0, the HD is //dev/wd0, and the
> FreeBSD partition is //dev/wd0s2, with wd0s2a, wd0s2b, wd0s2c, and wd0s2d
> being sub-partitions of the /usr, /var, swap, and root file systems.
> Unfortunately, all that is in the Fixit Floppy's //dev/ directory is wd0s2,
> which is says is unmountable it says.  Now I'm really stuck, and I need
> help.  Oh, also, I don't want to just re-install because I don't have the
> CD, so re-installing would, and did, take forever.
> 
> --
> "I do not agree with a word you say, but I defend to the death
>  your right to say it."
> 	      --Voltaire (I thought the quote was kewl; I don't
>  			  necessarily disagree with *you* in
> 			  particular)

--
=| Regards,             =| FreeBSD ==> http://www.FreeBSD.org
=| Kevin G. Eliuk       =| "Free at last, free at last, ...."
British Columbia *BSD User Directory ==> http://www.cynic.net




Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?Pine.BSF.3.96.970714232858.171F-100000>