Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 19:49:04 +0100
From:      Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NTP problem

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 09:14:03AM -0900, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> On Friday 29 March 2002 12:52 am, Matthias Teege wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 12:18:20PM -0900, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> > > I'm having a problem with ntp. Everything seems to be configured
> > > correctly, but the time only gets set once about 5 minutes after reboot.
> > > After that it

I ask again because I dont know if I understand you correct.

The output of ntpq looks good for me. Your server reaches the
timeservers. Your problem is that your clock differs more and more
from the referenceclocks? Ntpq says that your server is 12ms to
fast. Is this difference growing?

Ntpd doesnt set the clock it "regulate" the speed. Is the value in
ntp.drift change?

Bis dann
Matthias

--