Date:      Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:30:22 -0800
From:      "Jake Khuon" <khuon@NEEBU.Net>
To:        Mandus Elfving <mandus.elfving@tiscali.se>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.1 & Cisco Aironet 350 MiniPCI&In-Reply-To=3FCE56CB.20108@tiscali.se

### On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:47:43 +0100, Mandus Elfving
### <mandus.elfving@tiscali.se> casually decided to expound upon
### freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org the following thoughts about "FreeBSD 5.1 &
### Cisco Aironet 350 MiniPCI&In-Reply-To=3FCE56CB.20108@tiscali.se":

ME> Now when 4.9 is installed i get a very strange error. When I try to run
ME> ifconfig I says something with 'fatal trap 12' and reboots. I can see
ME> that it shows some info about an0 but then it reboots with this error,
ME> so it has probably something to do with the Cisco card.
ME>
ME> You don't know what's wrong here do you?

Just as another datapoint, I too am observing this same condition.  I have a
T30 with the MPI350 card installed.  5.1R installer refused to boot and hung
on probing.  I had to physically remove the card in order to get it to
install.  After reinserting the card post-install, the kernel; refused to
boot and hung in the same spot.

I then reinstalled with 4.9R and the installation off a burned CD went fine.
However, any attempt to bring up networking (read: ifconfig) causes a kernel
panic and a reboot.

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- |