Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:07:09 GMT
From:      Dariusz Siedlecki <siedar@nplay.pl>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/130330: Panic and reboot machine MPT driver when raid is Degraded. <LSILOGIC 1030 IM 1000>

>Number:         130330
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Panic and reboot machine MPT driver when raid is Degraded. <LSILOGIC 1030 IM 1000>
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Machine IBM 336 1U server  8837 model 11Y- SMP 3.2 GHZ, with LSI RAID on mpt driver <LSILOGIC 1030 IM 1000>.

When system is installed from last ISO.

There is a panic when install cd is booting and discover MPT drive in state Degraded.

>How-To-Repeat:
Install FreeBSD 7.1 R on system with MPT driver for example IBM 336 server on good working raid with clean state. Get one drive from raid. In few second system will panic and reboot.

There is possible to boot system after succesfull rebulid of array.

I installed FreeBSD 7.0 from iso, and was no problem to boot and install on degraded Raid 1 Array.

>Fix:
Don't know.