Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:26:17 +0100
From:      "Remko Lodder" <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        "Joe Schmoe" <non_secure@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: [Freebsd-hackers] What kind of a crash is this ? (kernel ? userland?)

i dont think it's a crash.

i think there processess sucking up your cpu / memory etc.
that is why your login prompt does not get any cpu cycli's
therefor never giving you a prompt...

I had it when i had a nice little .kshrc file which did a id,pwd,
and stuff like that to give me the nice little
remko:machine [path]$ banner,
but that took so many proces space etc, that the computer stopped
responding.

Hope thishelped you a little :)

--

Kind regards,