Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:39:14 -0200
From:      Giuliano Cardozo Medalha <giulianocm@uol.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dual Boot with Windows XP

Hi,

I have started with FreeBSD 5.3 one week ago.

I had some experience with the system ... only it in my machine.

I have never used the boot loader and it rules.

Now I have a different situation:

My first IDE drive is (on IDE 0 - master) .... with windows XP
controlling it MBR.

My second IDE drive  (on IDE 0 - slave) .... is with FreeBSD 5.3
controlling it MBR.

How can I do to configure the boot loader and the scripts: loader.rc and
loader.conf to create
a dual boot environment using FreeBSD boot loader ?

I have to install the file boo0 on windows XP MBR drive ?

And about the configurations to put them all in the same menu ?

Thanks a lot,

Giuliano