Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:24:05 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@turkey.ispro.net.tr>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: file descriptors-how?

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998 at 12:50 SAT, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> I am using freebsd for my squid cache and I am having some trouble
> with file descriptors...
> how may I set kernel to have more file descriptors available?

IIRC, the first time you run a new Squid installation on FreeBSD (with the -z
flag, I think), it runs into trouble whilst trying to create its complex
directory tree structure for the cache.  Thereafter, it works fine.

Of course, you may have run into a different problem...

-- V

Johann Visagie | Email: wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878