Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 08:03:03 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GNOME megaupdate [gal/gtkhtml/ORBit/bonobo-conf/librsvg/evolution/sodipodi] - correct patch

On 2001.10.08 03:03 Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> John Merryweather Cooper wrote:
>
> > On 2001.10.06 00:23 Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > > It is likely that you see this because you did not follow
> recommended
> > > testing procedure (see my original message below). Due to some
> > > changes,
> > > you have to remove all GNOME components first, and then rebuild
> them
> > > all from scratch. portupgrade is of little help here, sorry.
> > >
> > > -Maxim
> > >

> > No, I followed the instructions in the e-mail for the first pass
> > (pkg_delete'd ORBit, make clean, make install in gnome-fifth-toe).
> >
> > I was using portupgrade only in an attempt to recover/build as much
> > as possible.  I have a working system, it just doesn't have quite
> > everything . . . :)
> >
> > I think my suggestion on including portupgrade was confusing.  My
> > appologies.
>
> Strange then. It looks like you have missed gnomelibs update somehow
> (you need
> version 1.4.1.2_1 to build latest bonobo/gnomeprint). Please check and
> let me know
> if so. It is also a good idea to send a full log of doing `make all
> install' in
> gnome-fifth-toe. Thanks!
>
> -Maxim

Just checked, I have gnomelibs 1.4.1.2 onboard.  Damn!  I cvsup and
portupgrade regularly.  I'll force it and try again.

While I'm here, fpm IS in the ports tree (maybe it should be added to
gnome-fifth-toe).  Also, on the last megaupdate (not this one) balsa
broke.  The fix was easy (recompile/install), but when the ABI numbers
for gal or gtkhtml change, stuff needs to get recompiled.

--
jmc

MacroHard -- the perfection of form over
             substance, marketing over
             performance, and greed over
             design . . .