Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:20:29 +0300
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
Subject:   Re: emulators/wine64: Questions re self-maintained port

--nextPart1555576.UCszyBL2m9

Hi

On Thursday, 21 March 2013 07:26:13 Beeblebrox wrote:
> Hi folks,
> As advised on the the wiki.freebsd.org/Wine site, I plan to download the
> wine source from http://www.mediafire.com/wine_fbsd64 the
> wine-1.5.x-freebsd10 also the wine-fbds64.diff file.

What do you plan to do?  The wine-fbsd64 patch is to create a wine port that
will run i386 (read 32bit) Windows programs on FreeBSD amd64 (read 64bit).  It
is *not* a patch to run 64bit Windows on FreeBSD amd64.

> I would like to create a self-maintained port for this download set, and

Can you please clarify what a "self-maintained" port is?

> need to pass some options to the Makefile so as to make my life easier.

What options to you need passed?  Are these port options and configure
options?

The packages available at mediafire have many port options enabled (i.e. it is
not a build with the default options).

> have directly copied the original emulators/wine folder into my folder of
> self-maintained ports and have modified the original Makefile. I am however
> stuck regarding how to do these:

The wine-fbsd64.diff patch is used to create a separate port (called wine-
fbsd64).  That port is a slave to emulators/wine(-devel).

> 1. Do not check sha256 of the source .txz file (modify distinfo or
> Makefile?)
> 2. The wine-fbds64.diff should be placed under the "files" folder I assume?
> Will the Makefile then automatically invoke that file or must I modify the
> Makefile for it to be taken into account?

That patch could be better thought as a shar archive.  Apply it to
$PORTSDIR/emulators, then compile under an i386 environment.

I will be creating a wiki over the weekend that will explain in detail how to
use that patch/port (which will be committed to ports relatively soon).

If you need clarity on any issue please ask :-)

Regards,

P.S. I am the maintainer of that patch.