Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:37:05 +0000
From:      Ilya Varlashkin <ilya@samara.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/62448: Terminal Type during install

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 06:29:12PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Synopsis: Terminal Type during install
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: kris
> State-Changed-When: Fri Feb 6 18:28:01 PST 2004
> State-Changed-Why:
> It's documented in the release notes, and discussed extensively on the
> mailing list, that installing via the system console is not yet supported.
> Use a serial console instead for now.

Kris,

is there copyright problem with termcap? After the installation of FreeBSD
on my Ultra-10 I'd just copied definition from Solaris and normal console
(not serial) works just fine. If Sun didn't copyright/patent their termcap
could it just be incorporated into FreeBSD? By the way, file id appeared
to be the same on Solaris and FreeBSD, but content is different.

Kind regards,
Ilya Varlashkin