Date:      Tue, 24 May 2011 10:46:31 +0200
From:      Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd@davenulle.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Jamie Paul Griffin <griffin@gnix.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: info about java ide

Le Tue, 24 May 2011 08:20:45 +0100,
Jamie Paul Griffin <griffin@gnix.co.uk> a écrit :

Hello,

> I need to install a Java ide and I'm looking for advice about which
> jdk component might be best to use with it. I was thinking about
> using netbeans so would I need to use the sun-linux-jdk16 for that or
> could I use openjdk instead.

I use netbeans with openjdk6 or the sun/oracle version.
That works fine, except the profiler which is not available on FreeBSD.

> Perhaps diablo-jdk16 would be better, I
> guess I'd need that to actually build the sun version anyway wouldn't
> I?

Yes you need java to build java.

If you build java with IPv6 you may have problem with the subversion
module in netbeans, you have to specify -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
on the java command line (or -J-D in netbeans.conf).

Regards.