Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:02:19 -0700
From:      "Corey Snow" <corey@snowpoint.com>
To:        Jeff Jeter <gsfgf@softhome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mysql won't let me in -- Update

On 1 Sep 2002, at 15:16, Jeff Jeter wrote:

> I got it eorking locally, but when i try to connect remotely "mysql -h server" it hangs.  How do i allow access.  I can't connect w/ ftp, nfs, or telnet to this box either.  my /etc/hosts.allow is "ALL : ALL : allow"

To be honest, I'm not certain- I haven't tried to access a mysql
server remotely. However, you'll want to be sure that you can access
the box by more mundane means (ping, for example) from whatever host
you're trying to work from. You might just have a connectivity
problem.

Is the myslq server running a firewall of any type, or is there a
firewall between the host and the server?

Corey