Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:51:31 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, jcwells@u.washington.edu
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: We should all read this

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 07:35:18PM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > http://www.oreilly.com/ask_tim/
> >
> > Good talk about how PR can be done.
>
> OK, for a short article.
>
> I suggest the following books:
>
> 	Crossing the Chasm : Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products
> 	to Mainstream Customers -- Geoffrey A. Moore
> 	Harperbusiness
> 	ISBN: 0887307175
>
> 	Inside the Tornado : Marketing Strategies from Silicon
> 	Valley's Cutting Edge -- Geoffrey A. Moore
> 	Harperbusiness
> 	ISBN: 0887307655
>
> 	Successful Marketing Strategy for High Tech Firms (Artech
> 	House Professional Development and Technology Management
> 	Library) -- Eric Viardot
> 	Artech House
> 	ISBN: 0890067708
>
> 	Marketing High Technology : An Insider's View -- William H.
> 	Davidow
> 	Free Press
> 	ISBN: 002907990X
>
> 	The Macintosh Way -- Guy Kawasaki
> 	Addison-Wesley Pub Co
> 	ISBN: 0673461750
>
> 	Selling the Dream : How to Promote Your Product, Company,
> 	or Ideas-And Make a Difference-Using Everyday Evangelism
> 	-- Guy Kawasaki
> 	Harperbusiness
> 	ISBN: 0887306004
>
> 	How to Drive Your Competition Crazy : Creating Disruption
> 	for Fun and Profit -- Guy Kawasaki
> 	Hyperion (Adult Trd Pap)
> 	ISBN: 0786881631
>
> 	Rules for Revolutionaries : The Capitalist Manifesto for
> 	Creating New Products and Services -- Guy Kawasaki, Michele
> 	Moreno, Gary Kawasaki
> 	Harperbusiness
> 	ISBN: 0887309968
>
> 	Radical Marketing : From Harvard to Harley, Lessons From Ten
> 	That Broke the Rules and Made It Big -- Glenn Rifkin
> 	Harperbusiness
> 	ISBN: 0887309054

Second the recommendation for anything Guy Kawasaki has written. He used to
be the product manager for the Mac at Apple. I have heard him speak in
Chicago and he was interviewed by Terry Gross of the radio program "Fresh
Air" He is a very intelligent person who has spent a lot of time successfully
pushing an excellent product with very poor upper management backup. He is
not shy about sharing his ideas.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 3.0
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses