Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 18:41:56 +0400 (MSK)
From:      Kluchnikov Grigory <grn@ispras.ru>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, miguelfernandez@bridge.com.br
Subject:   Re: Instalation

Hello!

Try /stand/sysinstall -> configure -> Desktop
and you'll see

KDE
Gnome

and install what you want from this point.

Grigory.

> From: "Conta principal" <miguelfernandez@bridge.com.br>
> To: <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Instalation
> Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 21:06:37 -0300

>    Hi ! I'm new on free BSD , but I use Linux by 2 years . I've installed freeBSD and later ,
i've tryed to run gnome , and kde , but it appear "Command not found "
>     Ok , i've thinked : I didin't installed them !
>     But I dont know how . And when I try to run /stand/sysinstall and install the respectives
packages , appears some errors . then I go to the directory
> /usr/ports , there are various applications like kde and gnome , but when i rum make it say ,
"gnome.gzip not found "
>     I have two questions :
>         What the difference between ports and packages ?
>         The official freeBSD CD-rom have all packages ( like gnome , kde ...) ??
>     if no , where i can get ?
>
>     Ah , how I can run linux executables in freeBSD ?
>
>     Well , thank you for your help !
>     Miguel garz
>
>     A free newcomer .

Best regards,
Grigory Klyuchnikov
Institute for System Programming Russian Academy of Sciences,
109004, Moscow, Russia, B.Kommunistitcheskay, 25,
  phone(work):   +7-095-9125659
  fax:           +7-095-9121524
  e-mail:        <grn@ispras.ru>