Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:30:35 -0800
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@sftw.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sony vaio jog dial hacks

Well, I've gotten pointed to some stuff and am working on a driver for
the Sony SPIC chip, but I have some concerns:

In order to map the device in, you need to poke at the PCI config
registers of the intpm0 chip. This means either having to add this
functionality in to the intpm driver (or at least into its attach
routine), or having to choose between intpm and spic functionality or
adding another quirk in or somehow being able to get the dev_t of the
intpm device so I can do pci_read_config() and pci_write_config() to map
the thing in. In what is basically an ISA driver. Bizarre.

Any ideas?