Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:56:47 -0700
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@seattleFenix.net>
To:        Pavan Balaji <balaji@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Command line mail program

* Pavan Balaji (balaji@cis.ohio-state.edu) [020810 03:46]:

> Is there some mail program using which I can send mails from command line
> (unlike pine). The only ones I use are mail, rmail and sendmail and I
> don't think (not sure though) they allow us to specify the subject, CC
> addresses etc.
>
> Any ideas?
>

>  -- Pavan

MAIL(1)                 FreeBSD General Commands Manual                MAIL(1)

NAME
     mail, Mail, mailx - send and receive mail

SYNOPSIS
     mail [-EiInv] [-s subject] [-c cc-addr] [-b bcc-addr] to-addr ...
          [-sendmail-option ...]
     mail [-EiInNv] -f [name]
     mail [-EiInNv] [-u user]

'mail' should work for you just fine from the command line. If you don't want
Pine, but wish to have a user interface oriented client, try 'mutt'.

Regards,

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)