Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 22:28:21 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-CURRENT-L <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   rwhod in /etc/rc

   As a followup to the rwhod patch, I've modified /etc/rc to create
the needed /var/rwho directory if it does not exist (idea taken from
the IRIX /etc/init.d/network file).  I noticed that the boot files
toss in some comment about rwhod being a "time waster" or a
"performance pig" or "will saturate networks with many hosts".
FreeBSD's /etc/rc and /etc/sysconfig don't give any warning (although
it is turned off by default).

*** rc-old	Thu May 25 22:08:42 1995
--- rc	Thu May 25 22:10:47 1995
***************
*** 184,189 ****
--- 184,192 ----
  # $rwhod is imported from /etc/sysconfig;
  # if $rwhod is set to YES, rwhod is run.
  if [ "X${rwhod}" = X"YES" ]; then
+ 	if [ ! -d /var/rwho ]; then
+ 		/bin/mkdir /var/rwho
+ 	fi