Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:22:32 -0400
From:      Josh Levine <joshl@levindustries.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache+PHP+Java

"Robert F. Ross" wrote:

> You need a linux libnsl if it's the linux jdk you're running, not a
> freebsd libnsl. Symlinking the wrong platform libs won't help much since
> it's being emulated. The native JDKs are in /usr/ports, but threading/JNI
> don't seem to be as stable in them as with the linux JDK. IANAE.

Actually, the only libnsl on my system is in /usr/compat/linux/lib -
that's what I symlinked from the /usr/local/lib directory.  I assumed
(perhaps incorrectly?) that those were Linux libraries.

In /usr/ports/java, is anything that doesn't start with 'linux-'
native?  I tried building jdk13, but ran into several errors (I believe
related to Motif?)  Perhaps I should try an earlier version?

Thanks for your response,
Josh Levine