Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 13:18:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Webster <andrew@fortress.org>
To:        James Leppek <jleppek@suw2k.hisd.harris.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bootable CD's (fwd)

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, James Leppek wrote:

> If anyone comes up with any pointers I am willing to give it a try, I am
> also trying to get the info from gigabyte. This seems like a handy CD to have
> for those catastrophic failure days :-)
> or for those sysadmins who REALLY want to control the system
> i.e. firewall or public access machines.
>
> Jim (new HP CDR owner) Leppek

HP's Netserver line comes with bootable CDs.  The main controller is an
AIC-7880 based system on the motherboard, and it boots from a SCSI
CDROM.
It appears to replace A: with the CDROM during the boot proceedure.  The
BIOS is an Adaptec bios with a CD bootable option.

This would be a really handy feature!

Andrew Webster  - andrew@pubnix.net - http://www.pubnix.net
PubNIX Montreal - Connected to the world - Branche au monde
 514-990-5911   - P.O. Box 147, Cote St-Luc, Quebec, H4V 2Y3