Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 1999 17:08:59 -0500
From:      Scott Myron <zamy27@hsonline.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dual Celeron + FreeBSD?

Hello. I want to get a Dual celeron going with freebsd as the OS. My
question is, do the chips have to have the same stepping? I read
somewhere that if the chips do NOT have the same stepping, it screws up,

and causes blue screens in NT, and i was wondering if anything similar
happens in FreeBSD. I figure it'll be difficult to get 2 celerons with
the same stepping. I am just planning on getting 2 retial ppga celeron
433's. I read somewhere else that "it was just a myth and the processors

do NOT have to have the same stepping." so i'm just searching for the
truth. Thanks.

Scott