Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:15:39 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wish List (was: Re: The /usr/bin/games bikeshed again)

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 08:31:02AM -0800, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:
> The downside to Kerberos V is, I've yet to find a good Kerberos V
> client for Windows.

Sadly, this is true.  There is the MIT Kerberos for Windows, but
this is pretty much restricted to the core credentials management.

However, I read very recently that www.vandyke.com's SecureCRT can
utilize an appropriate GSSAPI DLL to do Kerberos with TELNET/ssh.
I believe the aforementioned MIT Kerberos for Windows contains such
a DLL.  I haven't yet had time to test this claim.

Also, last year I corresponded with the Vandyke developers, and they
said, ``We are looking at Kerberos for inclusion in a major upgrade of
the software, generally in your time frame.''  My time frame was
mid-2001.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org