Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2002 22:00:21 +0100
From:      John Constantine <constant@rootshell.be>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Repeated buildworld failure

Hello,

the following error keeps poping up when I try to buildworld:

===> usr.bin/strip
rm -f .depend
mkdep -f .depend -a   -nostdinc -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include  /usr/src/us
r.bin/strip/strip.c
cd /usr/src/usr.bin/strip; make _EXTRADEPEND
echo strip: /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib/libc.a  >> .depend
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error

The buildworld fails in the same place every time, with the above
message.

The source is freshly cvsuped and my RAM is good since I've compiled
world and kernel on this machine several times previously.

My /etc/make.conf looks like this:

NO_BIND=	  true	# do not build BIND
NO_FORTRAN=	  true	# do not build g77 and related libraries
NO_SHAREDOCS=	  true	# do not build the 4.4BSD legacy docs
NO_TCSH=	  true	# do not build and install /bin/csh (which is tcsh)
NOGAMES=	  true	# do not build games (games/ subdir)
#NOINFO=	  true	# do not make or install info files
#NOLIBC_R=	  true	# do not build libc_r (re-entrant version of libc)
NOPERL=		  true	# To avoid building perl
NOPROFILE=	  true	# Avoid compiling profiled libraries
NOSECURE=	  true	# do not build crypto code in secure/ subdir
#NOSHARE=	  true	# do not go into the share subdir
NOUUCP=           true # do not build uucp related programs
NO_I4B=           true # do not build isdn4bsd package

MAKE_IDEA=		     YES  # IDEA (128 bit symmetric encryption)
#MAKE_IDEA=		     NO	  # IDEA (128 bit symmetric encryption)
COMPAT1X=		     yes
COMPAT20=		     yes
COMPAT21=		     yes
COMPAT22=		     yes