Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:41:23 +0400
From:      Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, ade@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port Makefiles and the MANPREFIX macro

--Sig_ppbgKy.kP=Ku=zfNQ9+JSfp

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:22:15 +0100
Matt Dawson <matt@chronos.org.uk> mentioned:

> Hi all,
> 	Currently doing battle with some port updates and I have come across a=20
> strange problem. It's probably my fault, but some guidance would be=20
> appreciated.
>=20

It's probably happened because of recent autoconf 2.60 changed it's
manpage and info locations to share/man and share/info accordingly.
It can be solved by adding --mandir=3D${PREFIX}/man and --infodir=3D
${PREFIX}/info to CONFIGURE_ARGS.

I have submitted a change to bsd.port.mk to add this as default
since it will not break existing ports (for autoconf prior to 2.60
this is default), but, unfortunately, this proposal didn't find support.

In fact, many people have faced to this problem recently (on irc/mailing
lists).

--=20
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=D1, =ED=CF=D3=CB=D7=C1         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581

--Sig_ppbgKy.kP=Ku=zfNQ9+JSfp

--Sig_ppbgKy.kP=Ku=zfNQ9+JSfp--