Date:      Wed, 12 May 2004 01:54:02 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Vladimir Chukharev <chu@kempc17.me.tut.fi>
Cc:        lioux@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: gstreamer-plugins-0.8.1

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 05:03:30PM +0300, Vladimir Chukharev wrote:
> The port multimedia/gstreamer-plugins failed to upgrade for me. Removing
> files/patch-gst-libs_ext_ffmpeg_ffmpeg_libavcodec_alpha_simple_i
> solved the build problem. A fogotten file by chance?

Yes, but not by us :)  That file was removed a year ago.

Probably you either have a stale (incompletely updated) ports
collection, or you updated it incorrectly with cvsup after installing
from some other source (e.g. from CD or sysinstall).  See the FAQ on
www.polstra.com about how to use cvsup to "adopt" your ports
collection before you update it for the first time.  Failure to do
this will lead to files being left behind and confusing later port
builds, like what you describe.

Kris

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v--