Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:41:47 +0100
From:      "Raymond Hunter" <raymond@acc-uk.com>
To:        <avarela@avlnet.ml.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: new machine config

Loadlin loads linux from DOS. The equivalent is fbsdboot.

>Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 20:22:45 -0600 (MDT)
>From: Antonio Varela Lizardi <avarela@avlnet.ml.org>

>   I'm one of the newest kids in town. So, here I go with my first newbie
>question: Is there a utility similar to loadlin.exe capable of loading a
>FreeBSD kernel from a DOS environment?

Some of us who use FreeBSD haven't a clue as to what things might do (or
be documented to do) in a Microsoft environment.  For example, I have no
idea what "loadlin.exe" might be intended to do.

If you were to describe the intended behavior, you might get a little
further.

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621