Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 2010 21:32:20 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rob Farmer <rfarmer@predatorlabs.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Stanislav Sedov <stas@freebsd.org>, Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@freebsd.org>, Lapo Luchini <lapo@lapo.it>, Martin Wilke <miwi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: XPI infrastructure needs some love

On 09/07/2010 09:09 PM, Rob Farmer wrote:
> Around 6 months ago, a similar thing was proposed for a number of
> eclipse plugins - they can all be installed and updated via the
> builtin update manager and nothing is built for FreeBSD - they are
> just Java stuff that can be binary downloaded and run anywhere.

Are these eclipse plugins similar to mozilla plugins in that the user
has to take an additional step after the FreeBSD package is added, or if
the package is on the system then it's available to all the users
immediately?  If the latter, then I can understand why having FreeBSD
packages of them would be valuable. If they are similar to mozilla
plugins then I'm curious what the value-add is.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads