Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:24:21 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD logo

--On Saturday, July 24, 2010 00:24:46 -0600 Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
wrote:

> When this is the way someone starts a "discussion" about wanting to use a
> new OS, I tend to believe there is no genuine interest in using the OS in
> question.

When this is the way one answers a simple question, I tend to believe there's
no genuine interest in dialog.  I am therefore left to wonder who really is the
intolerant one.  One cannot claim to be tolerant while demonstrating
intolerance any more than one can claim to be educated without every having
read a book.

It's amazing to me the ridicule heaped upon the man for asking a question.
Would it have been too difficult to simply answer the question, as the first
response did?  No, we have to attack the man for having beliefs that are
different from our own.  Because we're so enlightened?  Or because we are even
more ignorant than we suppose he is?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst