Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 15:11:32 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Flavio Genelhu Oliveira <boo@gold.horizontes.com.br>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing into wd1

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Flavio Genelhu Oliveira wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> 	I am new in the FreeBSD world and here are my questions:
>
> I'd like to install the FreeBSD in the wd1 and keep the wd0 disk with
> DOS/windows and OS/2. My problem is that i got to install it well, but
> i couldn't boot it. I'd like to boot from one of the three systems,
> keeping the FreeBSD into the second whinchester. How can i do that?
You say you couldn't get the CDROM recognized. How did you install then???
What do you mean "can't boot"? What happens when you try? What boot
manager do you use???

> Is there any plans for develop a driver to support the genius 2400
> dpi table scanner?
Don't know.

> I also couldn't make the system recognize my Sony Atapi CD-ROM,
> since that in my CD there wasn't the inst-ide.bat file. I
> don't know how to proceed.
What version do you use??? 2.1.5 supports Atapi CDROM's out of the box.
No special installation procedure required. To better help you, please
send your configuration, i.e. what devices are connected to what EIDE
channels and at what position (master/slave). The layout of the
partitions on the disks may also be helpful. The only way I can get an
EIDE CDROM to work is in the slave position on the primary controller,
with the second disk on the second controller. This would make the second
disk known as wd2. You may also want to take a look at the tutorials on
multi-OS installations (start surfing from http://www.freebsd.org and
then look at the tutorials, under documentation).

Bottom Line:
Send in more details!

> Thanks in advance!

You're welcome,