Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 1995 16:22:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
To:        Sherman F Mui <smui@sparta.sjsu.edu>
Cc:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>, Marc Ramirez <mrami@mramirez.sy.yale.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Slip; MTU

On Fri, 27 Jan 1995, Sherman F Mui wrote:

> >    I should point out that this only works in 2.x. Changing the MTU in 1.1.5
> > is more difficult and involves editing some files and rebuilding a kernel.
>
> Which files?

I changed /usr/src/sys/net/if_sl.c to set SLMTU to 552; however I
believe you can do it more easily by settting it in your kernel config
file as

	options	SLMTU=552

552 works well for me; your milage, of course, may vary...

Thanks,

Mike

|Mike Newell                           | The opinions expressed herein are  |
|NASA Science Internet Network Systems | my own, and do not necessarily     |
|Sterling Software, Inc.               | reflect those of the NSI program,  |
|MNewell@nsipo.nasa.gov                | Sterling Software, NASA, or anyone |
|+1-202-434-8954                       | else.                              |