Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 11:34:25 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Low space for queueing?

AFAIK the size of incoming messages is limited by sendmail.cf
Mine is !>3000000 bytes. But anyway my sendmail was "rejecting
connections" so that was not the case. I've made another 60MB free
on fs & all  worked. I'm wondering what's an algoritm the
sendmail calculates freespace according to? It seems to me
this is stupid algoritm :)
Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, [andy] wrote:
>
> > Apr  7 21:03:49 ns /kernel: Accounting suspended
> > Apr  7 21:04:03 ns sendmail[17288]: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0,
> > SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue)
> > Apr  7 21:04:48 ns last message repeated 3 times
> >
> > Why accounting suspended. Even when I do 'accton /var/acct/acct'
> > it doesnt resumes.
> > 2nd, I'm not familiar with sendmail messages, and thought 'low on space'
> >
> > sais for itself, I dont beleeve it 'cos I have > 200 MB there.
> > What's wrong? Pls, answer as soon as possible.
>
> Very likely, someone's emailing your a file that bigger than your /var
> partition (> 200MB?). Don't say it can't happen - it usually does.
> --
> Jonathan Chen                                       Once is dumb luck.
>                                                  Twice is coincidence.
>              Three times and Somebody Is Trying To Tell You Something.

WBW  Andy V. Oleynik  (When U work in virtual office
                       U have good chance to obtain virtual money ö%-)