Date:      Sun, 07 Feb 1999 19:59:20 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>, Licia <licia@o-o.org>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Women in FreeBSD ( was Re: Is there a reseller program?)

Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Sunday,  7 February 1999 at  0:34:46 -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
> > Mark Ovens wrote:

> >> True, but then there are plenty of names where the gender is not obvious
> >> at all (except to residents of the poster's country).
> >
> > And some not even then.  Feel free to guess the gender of my offspring,
> > named Bailey.  You have approximately a 50% chance of getting it right,
> > give or take 1%.  My sister-in-law's firstborn is named Morgan.  Wanna
> > guess at that one?  ;^)
>
> Filly?

Yes, but I've known "colts" named Bailey and Morgan both, too.

> > One of the most interesting conversations I've had came about as a
> > result of helping a young man in England with a PPP problem.  His
> > name is Robin and he works for the Sheriff of Nottingham.  I asked
> > him if he gets a lot of people curious about this situation, and
> > he said mostly from yanks; apparently the story isn't that well-
> > known in England.  ;^)
>
> Of course it is.

Can't possible be generally as well known as it is at my house, where
we watch the video 3 or 4 times a day.

Perhaps the yanks are just more amused by "Robin working for Sherriff
of Nottingham" than brits?  We asked Diane's friend Belinda, of London
SW1, about this and she told us she was suprised at how popular the
story is in America; in England it's just a snippet of history.  Of
course we have a nationwide predisposition to anyone who sticks it
to the brits.