Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:19:20 -0500
From:      Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD SMP in 3.4-stable

Hello,

I have a production server which at this time is a single PII 400. I wish
to put in this machine a pair of PII 400 to reduce the load that's on this
machine. Right now it hovers around 3.00-4.00 load averages, which is just
too high, it's starting to lag the machine some.

My questions is, how tested and stable is the SMP in FreeBSD 3.4-stable?
As this is a production machine, I cannot afford to have problems with it.
For those of you with experience running SMP under 3.4-stable, I would
appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

Matt
--
Matt Heckaman [matt@arpa.mail.net|matt@relic.net] [Please do not send me]