Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2007 07:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Arne "Wörner" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        NOC Prowip <tec@mega.net.br>, freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hd device names

--- NOC Prowip <tec@mega.net.br> wrote:
> > Why dönt u use glabel?
> >
> hmm, I never considered it
> but I guess it does not solve my problem  because let's say da0 is the
> provider and da0 might have still the label I gave it but the OS can not see
> it since it is then aacd0 after changing the controller or am I wrong?

Hmm...

Advisory: :-))
1.
Just try it. Dont believe me without thorough testing... :-)
E. g. with (a) mdconfig -a -u 0 -f testdevfile ; glabel label -v fook md0 ;
mdconfig -d -u 0 ; mdconfig -a -u 69 -f testdevfile ; ls /dev/label

2.
I think that is one advantage of glabel: It does not care for the device name,
but it just tastes the last sector of each device, as soon as it shows up (e.
g. after the reboot).

-Arne