Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2014 19:37:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Frank Volf <frank@deze.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, marius@freebsd.org, yongari@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: re0: watchdog timeout

Frank Volf wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm experiencing watchdog timeouts with my Realtek interface card.
>
> I'm using a fairly new system (Shuttle DS47), running FreeBSD
> 10-STABLE.
> For this shuttle a patch has been recently committed to SVN to make
> this
> card work at all (revision *262391*
> <http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=262391>).
>
> The timeout is only experienced under heavy network load (the system
> is
> running a bacula backup server that backups to NFS connected
> storage),
> and typically large full backups trigger this. Normal traffic works
> fine
> (this system is e.g. also my firewall to the Internet).

Since you mention NFS, you could try disabling TSO on the interface
and see if that helps. (I'm beginning to feel like a parrot saying this,
but...) If you care about why it might help, read this email thread:
  http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?1850411724.1687820.1395621539316.JavaMail.root

If it happens to help, please email again, since there are probably
better ways to fix the problem than disabling TSO.

Good luck with it, rick