Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:59:35 -0500
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Vykintas Tamulis <tamulis@rocketmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to install teac cd-w54e (eide)

On Saturday January 27, 2001 13:37, Vykintas Tamulis wrote:
> Hello Dears,
>
>  I would ask, is any possibility to install TEAC CD-W54E (EIDE, not
> SCSI) on FreeBSD 4.1

If it implements the ATAPI standard correctly it should work with
FreeBSD.  If you already have the drive, you might as well try plugging
it in and see if it works.

> and to run such programs like cdrecord,
> gtoaster? Thank You in advance.

Is it a CD-R drive?   cdrecord only works with SCSI drives, but burncd
is in the base system and works with ATAPI drives.
I don't know anything about how well gtoaster works.

					Tim