Date:      Sat, 02 Oct 2004 11:19:22 +0200
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        danfe@nsu.ru
Subject:   _my_ panics probably resolved

Hi guys!

Just to let you know about my panics:

My system paniced twice or more often a day since BETA3. Since then I've
tried every relevant knob in the kernel config without being able to
resolve the panics. I've removed IPSec, IPv6 etc. etc. from the kernel
but the system did panic.

The panics have been mostly trap 12, page fault while in kernel mode,
supervisor read/write, page not present. The tasks causing that were
different ones (swi, squid, wwwoffle and others).

The last time I've cvsup'ed has been on thursday (noon or morning, I
don't remember) 09/30/. Then I rebuild world and kernel (like I did
every other day). The system has been rebooted at midnight. Since then
I've had not one panic.

For me it's really a huge progress to have not one panic in 36 hours of
operation. Most times the system has been killed was while or short
after a ppp (userland) connection has been established or shut down.
Within the last 36 hours there were plenty ppp connections but the
system still lives.

I guess the panic has been (hopefully) resolved by another code change.

Again huge progress (from my view).

It's my hope that the FreeBSD system continues this way but currently
it's looking good.

Thanks,

Volker

--
GPG/PGP fingerprint:
FF93 13A1 2477 B631 E953 06DF 4C49 ADD9 E4BF 79B1