Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:50:02 GMT
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/115020: New port: graphics/osmesa - Mesa's off-screen rendering interface

The following reply was made to PR ports/115020; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
To: Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:30:57 +0100

 On Thu 19 mar 09 at 14:25:06 +0100, Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
  wrote:

 > Thierry, what's the status on this one? I see libGL-7.3 comes with it's
 > own osmesa.h header, is this port still needed?

 Good catch, Pav!

 ATM, OSMesa is disabled on libGL, but it could be enabled by a KNOB and

 CONFIGURE_ARGS=	--enable-gl-osmesa

 (and maybe --with-osmesa-bits=BITS to change the default depth).

 If enabled, this port builds libOSMesa. Thus, we can close this PR and
 replace it by a slave port of graphics/libGL, or maybe just build it by
 default.

 Best regards,
 --
 Th. Thomas.