Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 20:00:31 -0500
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@st-lcremean.tidalwave.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_C=2E_Sm=F8rgrav_?= <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Slurpees (was: Re: cvs commit: src/release/sysinstall/help XF86.hlp hardware.hlp)

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 07:02:06PM +0100, Dag-Erling C. Smørgrav  wrote:
> "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:
> > > 	"code slurpee" might be more accurate, seems that a lot
> > > 	of code gets sucked in (through the) cold.
> > And it usually gives me a big headache.  OK, I'll go with that.  "Code
> > slurpee" it is.  Now YOU get to explain this to all our
> > non-U.S. members who don't have 7-11 stores and probably don't know
> > what a ``slurpee'' even IS. :-)
>
> Norway *does* have 7-11 (or -4, as my fellow CS students tend to call
> them) stores, though they rarely open at 7 or close at 11 (most of
> them are open 24/7). We do not, however, have slurpees that I am aware
> of. A clarification would certainly be welcome :)

[moved to -chat for my own good]

All the 7-11s here are 24/7 now as well. :) Anyway, a Slurpee is a lot like
a sno-cone; it's basically carbonated water, partially frozen in a chamber
very much like an ice-cream churn, then flavored with sugar syrup--and all
this done by a special machine, where you pull the handle and the slush
pours (sometimes with a LOT of force from the carbonation) into your cup.
Every 7-11 store in the US has the machines (usually made by a company
called "Cornelius" and holding 2 or 4 different flavors) that dispense
Slurpees, and they're usually self-service (they were over-the-counter
untill about 10 years ago, I think).

--
Lee Cremeans -- Manassas, VA, USA  (WakkyMouse on DALnet and WTnet)
A! JW223 YWD+++^ri P&B++ SL+++^i GDF B&M KK--i MD+++i P++ I++++ Did