Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:22:30 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Things I'd like to see in 2.2.6

At 4:35 PM -0600 2/20/98, Warner Losh wrote:
>I'd rather
>upgrade to a new rev of xntpd rather than check them into the tree
>(which is why I haven't checked them in yet...)

Here's an interesting policy question.

If some module requires a few patches to work properly in our
OS/File structure, we typically build a "port" which consists of
a Makefile and a set of patch files.

Now, it the package author incorporates all of our patches, do we
keep the port which now consists of simply a Makefile which
primarily tells where to get the tarball?

What of a "new" package which starts out without needing patches?

Richard Wackerbarth