Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 95 08:41:48 EDT
From:      tucker@meadow.mdso.vf.ge.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   IDE Address Translation

Hello - Is there a FAQ covering installation details on a system which
uses "address translation" for disk access??

A friend has a system with 400 Meg worth of DOS garbage installed on
an 'address translated' disk and wants to install FreeBSD on the remaining
400 Meg.  Is there no way to get FreeBSD to live happily on this drive
without turning off address translation??

I've been a happy (thrilled) FreeBSD user for over a year now -- Thank You!!
(I'd hate to see my friend take the Linux road ;)

--clark