Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:38:41 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to find docs on newbus vs. cardbus vs. newcard

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:37:08AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:

Hi Warner,

> CardBus:
> 	PCMCIA standard for PCI cards in the PC Card form factor.
> FreeBSD's CardBus stuff can be found in
> dev/{pccard,pcic,exca,cardbus,pccbb}/*.  I'm in the process of fixing
> bugs in this code base as well as removing redundant code and
> expanding support for more bridges and client devieces.  This is what
> I've been calling NEWCARD.

So, in your opinion, how hard would it be to MFC from a recent -CURRENT
to 4.5-RELEASE? More or less importing the stuff and little fixing or is
a major rewrite of some part needed? Because as it seems that no one is
going to do it any time soon I've put it in my TODO list, along with
other stuff and was just wondering if it's relativitely easy or too much
for a junior kernel hacker.

Cheers,

--=20
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net