Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:20:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/10516: windowmaker can't find PropList

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Brian Handy wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR ports/10516; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
> To: Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
> Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: ports/10516: windowmaker can't find PropList
> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:27:03 -0700 (MST)
>
>  >	windowmaker port doesn't build and package doesn't
>  >	install because it believes libPropList is not installed
>
>  If your problem is like mine, it's not finding proplist.h.  I re-installed
>  libPropList and it worked fine, proplist.h got installed in the right
>  place.  Looking over the CVS tree it's not immediately clear to me why
>  this didn't get installed before, but it works now...I think.
>
>  SO:  Please try updating your ports tree (specifically
>  ports/devel/libproplist) and then try the wmaker compile again.
>

>  Regards,
>
>  Brian

I updated the ports tree, fixed the fetch -A problem, got the
distfile, pkg_delete'd the old one, installed the new one,
and tried to recompile windowmaker (also updated as of today)--
same problem.

It seems to me that there is no difference in the files or
where they are located (I've got copies of proplist.h in
extra places, also).  ldconfig -elf -r shows libPropList
libraries installed.

So, neither the package nor the port of windowmaker seems to
work.

Annelise