Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 17:55:10 +0530 (IST)
From:      saju.pillai@oracle.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   intel pro/100 vm not going to promiscuous mode ?

Hi,

	I am running 'tcpdump -i fxp0' , but I am only seeing packets
which are meant for me. (tcpdump is v3.4)

ifconfig says that the interface (fxp0) is in promiscuous mode.

$ uname -srm
FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE i386

I am using a 'Intel Pro/100 VM' adapter.

I wrote a small program using libpcap, to see if I could throw the
interface into promiscuous mode, but I am only seeing packets meant for
me.

Could anybody please tell me what i am doing wrong ?
(please cc me as i am not on the list)

regards
srp

---
Gravity:
It works, it's free and it's turned on on weekends too.