Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:03:14 -0500
From:      "Ray Bagby" <rbagby@sbcglobal.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   gnumail, startup trouble

Greetings,
I am running 4.5 and KDE2.
I installed gnumail by going to /usr/ports/mail/gnumail and commanding:

make install distclean

It went through the process with no apparent errors. I then left root and
started KDE with:

startx

I used the quick browser to find the gnumail application. The closest I
got to finding an application was in
/usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Applications/GNUMail.app/ix86/freebsd/gnu-gnu-gnu/
where I located GNUMail but it was not an application. When I quit the gui
and
tried the executable on the command line I received the error:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libPantomime.so.1" not found

I checked to make sure Pantomime was installed by the gnumail installation
by
running pkg_info. pantomime-1.0.4 was installed.

I looked for documentation (man gnumail), nothing.
 I located a documentation directory at /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/  but it
was empty.

Is there some configuration I need to do? Is there a document somewhere?

Thanks
Ray